Get WPFTS Pro today with 25% discount!

• Does WPFTS limit number of search results?
    I have set Settings>Read to 100 posts (in WP Admin)
    i have added to my child theme's functions.php:
    function change_wp_search_size($query) {
    if ( $query->is_search ) // Make sure it is a search page
    $query->query_vars['posts_per_page'] = 50; // Change 10 to the number of posts you would like to show
    return $query; // Return our modified query variables
    }
    add_filter('pre_get_posts', 'change_wp_search_size'); // Hook our custom function onto the request filter

But i only get 5 results (always, for any keyword, even if there are more results)

Kind regards, Marco

• Hi @webwerkplaats

No, WPFTS does not control this parameter.
    The reason why you don't see any changes may be because the code is wrong.
    Please try this code instead:

add_action('pre_get_posts', function(&$query)
    {
        $query->set('posts_per_page', 50);
    });

Notice: 'pre_get_posts' is an action , you don't need to return something from it.
    The parameter $query should be sent as reference (with &).

Let me know if this helps.

• I'm sorry, no, it doesn't help.
    This site is weird. I have made prototype on 1 server. Then copied it 1:1 to another server. There some links don't work. Previous page, Next page pagination and the Divi Theme builder only work when i set permalinks in Wordpress to "Simple". When i change permalinks to "Post Name" or any other, the site misbehaves. Can't figure it out. Maybe this is also the reason the site doesn't "listen" to my code or your code to expand the number of search results.
    Thanks for the help but it seems the error is not in your plugin.

• Hi @webwerkplaats

The Divi Builder has its own "Number of Posts" settings which overrides your code, I guess.

E20210121-143835-001[1].png

Did you try to change that?

• i feel stupid now...YES! It works...

Suggested Topics

Be the first to read the news!

We are always improving our products, adding new functions and fixes. Subscribe now to be the first to get the updates and stay informed about our sales! We are not spammy. Seriously.

Join Us Now!

We are a professional IT-team. Many of us have been working in a Web IT field for more than 10 years. Our advanced experience of software development has been employed in the creation of the WordPress FullText Search plugin. All solutions implemented into the plugin have been used for 5 or more years in over 60 different web-projects.

We are looking forward to your comments, requests and suggestions in relation to the current plugin and future updates.

ewm-logo-450

The forum powered by NodeBB | Contributors