Get WPFTS Pro today with 25% discount!

[Solved] Divi and Divi-based themes do not show correct excerpt

• We detected that on all Divi-themed websites it's initially impossible to see Smart Excerpt at the search results page. Instead we see cutter content for pages/posts and nothing for PDF file content. Look like an image below:

The example view of wrong search results on Divi theme

The reason is in the search.php file of the Divi theme.

Divi theme without correct excerpt text

As you can see in line 54, the Divi theme (and almost all themes based on it) is using custom truncate_post( 270 ); call to "create" an excerpt. Which is completely wrong from my point of view.

What you can do to fix this problem is to comment out this line and put correct code the_excerpt(); instead. Like this:

Fixed piece of the code

That will fix the problem!

• Hi Alexey
    I am trying to follow instructions above, but my Search.php file located in Divi/includes/builder/module/ does not have "truncate_post( 270 );" anywhere in it.
    Andrew

• Hi Andrew
    Please could you send me your search.php file to the epsiloncool@gmail.com or attach it here. Should be Divi has changed the structure of the file and we need another patch now.

Suggested Topics

Be the first to read the news!

We are always improving our products, adding new functions and fixes. Subscribe now to be the first to get the updates and stay informed about our sales! We are not spammy. Seriously.

Join Us Now!

We are a professional IT-team. Many of us have been working in a Web IT field for more than 10 years. Our advanced experience of software development has been employed in the creation of the WordPress FullText Search plugin. All solutions implemented into the plugin have been used for 5 or more years in over 60 different web-projects.

We are looking forward to your comments, requests and suggestions in relation to the current plugin and future updates.

ewm-logo-450

The forum powered by NodeBB | Contributors