Get WPFTS Pro today with 25% discount!

• Hello,

First, thanks for this plugin, after activating it our server usage dropped to 1/3 !

But, I've detected that some searches still hangs the server. Those are searches that include common words (like "the" or "a" or "an") and multiple words. Looking at the log, I saw that it seems to search separately for each word, causing the issue. I've tried to activate the "AND" Search Logic, but it didn't made any difference, the log still seems to be searching by all words separately.

Can I do something, maybe at code side, to prevent this?

Edit 1: Note that, this behavior only occurs at Front End, using the site search, searching at backend doesn't cause issues. Note that, currently searches on backend aren't being logged, even though the option to replace the search in admin is active.... and I believe it's active, because the search there is really fast.

Edit 2: Is there any further optimization for multiple post type? For example, even after the optimization the same search when limited to 1 single post type take 1.1 second, while looking for 4 different post types, take 9 seconds.

Best

• Hi @cantuaria

Please tell me which version of the plugin do you use? Could you tell me if you have activated Deeper Search option and do you use an Index Optimizer (latest option on the Main Page).

Thanks!

Suggested Topics

Be the first to read the news!

We are always improving our products, adding new functions and fixes. Subscribe now to be the first to get the updates and stay informed about our sales! We are not spammy. Seriously.

Join Us Now!

We are a professional IT-team. Many of us have been working in a Web IT field for more than 10 years. Our advanced experience of software development has been employed in the creation of the WordPress FullText Search plugin. All solutions implemented into the plugin have been used for 5 or more years in over 60 different web-projects.

We are looking forward to your comments, requests and suggestions in relation to the current plugin and future updates.

ewm-logo-450

The forum powered by NodeBB | Contributors