Get WPFTS Pro today with 25% discount!

Wordpress Download Manager Files Not Indexed

• Wordpress Download Manager file contents are no longer being indexed on our site. FWIW, our files are stored externally on a cloud service, and are all PDF's. We are Pro users, with an active TextMill,io license.

I have rebuilt the index a few times.

Relevant details are below.

WP Fast Total Search Pro Version 3.75.250
    WPFTS Add-on for WP Download Manager Version 1.10.24
    Download Manager Version 3.2.98

Here is an image of the index for a sample Download Manager file with a PDF file:

Pre-Indexing Filter Results

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks!

• I think I found the issue. The index is still rebuilding, but it's looking good.

$is_enable_external_links was not being set to true when calling GetCachedFileContent_ByLocalLink

Below are the changes I made in wpfts-add-on-for-wp-download-manager.php

wpfts-add-on-for-wp-download-manager.php updates

This may or may not be the correct way to fix it, but, as I said, it is looking good. FWIW, There is another area in code that appears to have the same issue, bit it's for different versions of WPFTS, so it won't affect me.

I'll post an update tomorrow after the rebuild finishes to confirm whether or not this fix worked.

• Reindexing is complete, and my fix does appear to have worked. Don't know whether this is the correct general fix, or just enough for my needs.

Obviously, you'll need to fix the Download Manager plugin, or my fix will just get overwritten in the next upgrade of the plugin. .And, again, there is another place in the plugin where it looks like there's the same logic error that would affect older versions of WPTFS..

• Hi @magicalbrad

Many thanks for your report and for sure for your work to fix this issue. We don't face the same on our dev machine that probably caused by version difference or so.

Anyway, I will analyze this problem with deep care and for sure release a new addon version soon.

Thanks!!!

• If you're not seeing this issue, my guess is that your external files are stored under the same domain as your WP instance. Our download files are accessed from a different domain. Our site is fcm.org, and the download files are served from a bitwarden.com domain.

Suggested Topics

Be the first to read the news!

We are always improving our products, adding new functions and fixes. Subscribe now to be the first to get the updates and stay informed about our sales! We are not spammy. Seriously.

Join Us Now!

We are a professional IT-team. Many of us have been working in a Web IT field for more than 10 years. Our advanced experience of software development has been employed in the creation of the WordPress FullText Search plugin. All solutions implemented into the plugin have been used for 5 or more years in over 60 different web-projects.

We are looking forward to your comments, requests and suggestions in relation to the current plugin and future updates.

ewm-logo-450

The forum powered by NodeBB | Contributors