Get WPFTS Pro today with 25% discount!

PDFs not appearing in search result

• Hey,

I've been using this extension since the summer, and with great success. However, recently I discovered that PDF files (or documents with PDF attachments) will no longer appear in search results. This happens with "Limit File Types" set to "Allow All", and both with and without "Search in File Contents" enabled. Other files, such as pictures (JPG, JPEG) appear with file contents enabled. The search URL I'm using is https://site-url.com/?s=search+term

I have tried the same search term in the sandbox area in the admin panel, and here everything works as expected. The document with the PDF attachment appears as the third search result.

I suspect this happened in an update to the plugin, as no configuration change was made as far as I know. The current version installed is v2.46.180

Does anyone have any idea of what's going on?

• Hi @blixhavn

Do you remember which plugins you've installed recently? Some of them may conflict with WPFTS Pro, especially when making a search at the front end. Please try to disable those plugins temporarily.

If it does not help, let's connect with TeamViewer so I can solve this issue faster (write me a private message or via Live Chat at the main page).

Suggested Topics

Be the first to read the news!

We are always improving our products, adding new functions and fixes. Subscribe now to be the first to get the updates and stay informed about our sales! We are not spammy. Seriously.

Join Us Now!

We are a professional IT-team. Many of us have been working in a Web IT field for more than 10 years. Our advanced experience of software development has been employed in the creation of the WordPress FullText Search plugin. All solutions implemented into the plugin have been used for 5 or more years in over 60 different web-projects.

We are looking forward to your comments, requests and suggestions in relation to the current plugin and future updates.

ewm-logo-450

The forum powered by NodeBB | Contributors