Get WPFTS Pro today with 25% discount!

Not working (critical error) on WP 6.0.3-6.1.1

• It is not working, it is reporting a critical error after the installation of the lite (free) or a pro version...

Any similar experiences or known solutions?

Tx

• Hi @Bards

Strange issue. Could you please check or share your error.log with lines about fulltext-search plugin? There should be any records in this case.

Could you share any screenshot with the critical error message?

Thanks!

• Thank you for your fast response...

Sorry, it is a Fatal error, not Critical... 🙂

Here is my debug

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function error_log() in /home/sbb23215/public_html/portal/wp-includes/class-wpdb.php:1602 Stack trace: #0 /home/sbb23215/public_html/portal/wp-includes/class-wpdb.php(2128): wpdb->print_error() #1 /home/sbb23215/public_html/portal/wp-includes/class-wpdb.php(2854): wpdb->query('select \n\t\t\t\t\tco...') #2 /home/sbb23215/public_html/portal/wp-content/plugins/fulltext-search/includes/wpfts_db.php(42): wpdb->get_results('select \n\t\t\t\t\tco...', 'ARRAY_A') #3 /home/sbb23215/public_html/portal/wp-content/plugins/fulltext-search/includes/wpfts_index.php(1866): WPFTS_DB->get_results('select \n\t\t\t\t\tco...', 'ARRAY_A') #4 /home/sbb23215/public_html/portal/wp-content/plugins/fulltext-search/includes/wpfts_core.php(863): WPFTS_Index->get_status() #5 /home/sbb23215/public_html/portal/wp-content/plugins/fulltext-search/fulltext-search.php(207): WPFTS_Core->get_status() #6 /home/sbb23215/public_html/portal/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): wpfts_custom_js('') #7 /home/sbb23215/public_html/portal/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #8 /home/sbb23215/public_html/portal/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #9 /home/sbb23215/public_html/portal/wp-admin/admin-header.php(163): do_action('admin_head') #10 /home/sbb23215/public_html/portal/wp-admin/plugins.php(605): require_once('/home/sbb23215/...') #11 {main} thrown in /home/sbb23215/public_html/portal/wp-includes/class-wpdb.php on line 1602
    Постоји критична грешка на вашем веб месту. Молимо вас да проверите сандуче своје управљачке е-поште за упутства.

Сазнајте више о отклањању грешака Вордпресу.

It is a Serbian Cyrilic site, but on the other site (older one same Cyrillic) plugin still works perfectly.

Thx

• Hi @Bards

It's a very strange issue. Look to the error message, it says "Call to undefined function error_log()" that means "error_log" function was not found. However it's a native PHP function which should be present always.

https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.error-log.php

Why it's not defined? It can be your server or your hosting issue. Could you consult your hosting provider's support for that?

Also there is a link to this code from WPFTS core:

$q = 'select 
    					count(*) n_inindex, 
    					sum(if ((force_rebuild = 0) and (build_time != 0), 1, 0)) n_actual
    				from `'.$idx.'index` 
    				where `tsrc` = "wp_posts"';
    			$res = $wpfts_core->db->get_results($q, ARRAY_A);

As you can see it's a very simple code that basically should not trigger a critical error.

Please could you tell me which WPFTS version you tried and which PHP version is used there.

Thank you!

• Thank you for this... Your message directed me to check php version that is used on the website.

I have more websites on the same server, and they all use PHP7.4 but this one was use PHP8.1. When I switched back to 7.4, all is up and running again 🙂

The conclusion is: It doesn't work with PHP8.1 (I didn't check PHP8.0)

Thank you.

• Hi @Bards

Okay could you still tell me which WPFTS version is there?
    Basically it can be too old, because latest WPFTS version DOES support PHP8.1.

• The version is 2.46.180 (I think this is the latest one)

• Hi @Bards

Officially yes, 2.46.180 is the latest. However there is a pre-release version 2.49.208 that have a lot of fixes including fixed support for PHP8.1+

I've sent you that version to the private chat, please install it to replace 2.46.180 and try with PHP8.1.

Suggested Topics

Be the first to read the news!

We are always improving our products, adding new functions and fixes. Subscribe now to be the first to get the updates and stay informed about our sales! We are not spammy. Seriously.

Join Us Now!

We are a professional IT-team. Many of us have been working in a Web IT field for more than 10 years. Our advanced experience of software development has been employed in the creation of the WordPress FullText Search plugin. All solutions implemented into the plugin have been used for 5 or more years in over 60 different web-projects.

We are looking forward to your comments, requests and suggestions in relation to the current plugin and future updates.

ewm-logo-450

The forum powered by NodeBB | Contributors